Saturday, December 11, 2010

Almost halfway across the Atlantic!

On Friday 10 December at 14:04 (GMT+1) Bent made a short message on my phone with this report:
"This is Bent, I'm calling from the Atlantic Ocean. The position is 14.58 North 33.52 West. We're sailing straight west, 270 degrees. We're having a great time, the sun is shining, running wind and its up to 12-14 ms wind speed. We expect to be in Barbados around 21. December"

I'm sorry Bent - it took me more than 24 hours to detect your message - I'll do better next time. The message I've sent Saturday evening back on their Iridium satellite phone was:
"Same nice wind next 10 days. Tir-Ons bare 5 ms. Skal sende oppdatering oftere. Neste tlf fra deg, bare si pos.Tror Man 13 17N 40 15W"

The weather on their position on this Sunday will still be very nice:
Click picture for full size
As I've said in the heading: Zephyr is now almost half way from Cape Verde to Barbados. I've estimated that they might cross the 50% distance some time between Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 of December.  It is really reassuring to see the that the weather forecasts for the next week and all of the area around Zephyr, will be nice and stable with wind from the right direction:
Status at Noon on Monday 13 (click for full size)
The average speed so far has been close to 5,5 knots which is quite good. Stay tuned everybody - there will be more to come the coming days!

1 comment:

  1. Great news!!!
    May the winds keep on beeing nice with you!
    Ship ohoi!
    Hugs & kisses from Sye

    ReplyDelete