Sunday, June 10, 2012

A sailtrip with friends I met.

A day trip to Pitons.
One day I met two very nice girls from Canada, Michele and Joanne. They had met
a couple living in Portugal, where he was from Norway and she from UK,
Frank and Janni.
I asked them out for sailing next day to the Pitons, and so we did.
Frank said he would love to come out sailing, and that's all he said, beside
telling me that he was 82 years old.
When he asked me how old I think he was, I said 70 years. Wrong.
Michele and Frank with the Pitons in the back.
Joanne watching for whales.
Janni in the middle.

I asked Frank if he would like to steer, and he said I would like to.
He was doing very well, so I gave him compliment.
He said he used to sail many many years ago.
He had sailed a 32 feet boat with an American for 5 years between
Alaska, Canada and New Zealand. Wow, I said.
You have much more experience than me, and probably 3 times more miles, or more.
No wonder he knew how to steer a boat.
We had a great day on the sea.
Frank had moved from Norway in 1949, then sailed and later
started a health center in south Portugal, Lagos.
That's were me met Janni.
Since we had an Norwegian onboard, I thought I had to play an old
Norwegian sailer song from Erik Bye.
Frank had never heard it before.
And deffinetly not Michele, Joanne and Janni.
Turn up the volume and click on the play botton below,
and let it down loud.
(Some wind in the microphone to start with, but better later.)


Michele is a plant manager on a gas construction plant in the wilderness
in Canada, and Joanne used to do the same.
Sad to see them leave after 8 days. Specially Michele.




No comments:

Post a Comment