Saturday, September 4, 2010

Reaching for Falmouth

On Friday (3. Sep) evening, I've got an SMS from Bent where he also told the following:
Har passert Dover idag. 35 timer til Falmouth. Har seilt 34 timer. Alt vel her.
Based on my previous knowledge, I can guess that they have taken this extremely good opportunity with an optimal wind direction (which is not that usual). The wind has a perfect strength for good boat speed, without being too hard and making unpleasant waves:
I'll guessing the route Zephyr is following - the destination are Falmouth (Yellow/red marking on far left)
As you will see on the fresh GRIB-map (Wind/Weather status) I've added my guess for the route and approximate position and put on the name of Falmouth which was actually not on the map. Since Bent expected to be in Falmouth in 35 hours, they might be there around Sunday (5. sept-2010) morning. While running simulation on the wind conditions with the Met-GRIB data they should expect the same wind direction all the way to Falmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment