Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tobago

Sailing from Bequia to Tobago.
Yes, I wrote a little about couple days ago.
Here is some more, with some nice pictures.
After living lovely Bequia we sailed to Tobago Cays.
Tobago Cays have nothing to do with Tobago, but belongs to
St. Vincent territory called the Grenadines.
It's one of the most beautiful reefs in the world, and is today a national park.
You are not allowed to anchor inside the park area anymore, but the have put out
allot of moorings to tie on to for a price of 50 Easy Dollar pr. night (20USD)
The water is crystal clear and it is lots of turtles and fishes in all kind of color.

                                            Overlooking the Cays from the top of a little island.
Tobago Cays are surrounded by this reef 360 degrees around.

On the way up to the top of this little but bushy island, we could hear
noises in the trees. This is what caused it.
Iguanas.

When I left Fredrikstad Norway July 27th. I was given a gift
from Henning, Hilde, Tønis og Camilla.
A Robinson Cruise emergency kit. The kit was fantastic creative put together,
and very funny.
One of the tings was a spare extra tire. I promised there and then that I would send them
a picture with the tire around my belly when I came to Tobago Cays.
Well, here it is.


We stayed over one night at the Cays, and were picked up by a local vendor
to go to a Lobster BBQ at the beach. It tasted fantastic, and the atmosphere was
out of this world.   Appetizer, two BIG half lobster and fruit dessert for each of us. For 150 Easy Dollar.


Well Hans went home to Sweden yesterday, and Jonas the 11th. from Grenada. Here is a great
picture of them.


Charles and Franzi is going home today, so now I am left by myself, and I will miss them.
 Ivan, Claus, Polly and Kari is coming sometime next week, so in the meantime I will take it easy.
work some on the boat etc.

Here is a picture of the beautiful Store Bay, were Zephyr is anchored close to the beach.



1 comment:

  1. Hellooooo!
    This is just too good to be true, man!
    Looks like you're in paradise!!!
    Say hello to KaRi, Polly & Ivan!
    Hughs & kisses from Sunny ;)
    Ship ohoooooi!

    ReplyDelete