Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tobago and going north

Tobago and sailing north.
11.09.480 N 60.50.640 W
Well, Charles and Franzi checked out at Tobago, flying to Dominica Rebublic,
staying couple days and then fly back to Switzerland. 
I have received mail from them, and they are well back into the snow and ice.
Ivan, Claus, Paal and Kari came down to Tobago to sail north.
We didn't see much of Tobago, but had a nice taxi ride to another beach.
We sailed to St. George Grenada and stayed at Port Louis, which is a new and first class marina.
We went on a half day tour in our private taxi to see some of the mountains, and how the locals
were living outside town. Very interesting. We also went to a waterfall cold Concord falls,
were we had a swim i the pool under the fall.



After Grenada we sailed north to Caraeacu were we achored of the beach and a little
but nice tiki bar on the beach. Beautiful white sandbeach.
Ivan and Claus had checked into a nice hotel, and even bought me a room.
That was the first time sleeping ashore for more than six months.
When I woke up in the morning I did not know were I was. Big double bed with mosquito
net hanging from the ceeling. Outside the window there was a palmtree. All walls roof and furnitures
was painted white. I thought for a moment that I probably was in heaven.
I sneeked out the door, and there was Ivan and Claus sitting on the balcony having a morning beer.
The hotel is owned by a Swedish man which come there 16 years ago, and decided
to move there and make a smal hotel. He also had the tikibar on the beach.
Paal and Kari took the ferry back to Grenada to check into a hotel.
Ivan and Claus sailed with me to Union island were they flew back to Barbados after a couple days.
They had to catch a flight back to Denamark and the snow two days later.
Also sailing with us from Cariacue was Jude from UK which is living there.
She was on the way to Bequia for a music festival, and was planning to take a ferry.
I offered her a ride there since I was also going to the festival.

Now I am by myself in the boat achored in Admirality Bay, enjoying the charming
Port Elisabeth town for 2-3 weeks.

Some of my old skydiving friends are flying down from USA to come sailing with me.
Dave Zinger which I skydived with in California back in the seventies, but had not seen
before he visited me in Copenhagen 3 years ago.
And Donald Carltweet which came sailing with me the first year I had the boat in 2004.
Probably Fernando from Peru is coming. He sailed with me from Copenhagen to Fredrikstad
summer of 2009.
Really looking forward to see them again.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, but I promise to but them in hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment