Friday, February 11, 2011

Bequia charter

A little charter trip around Bequia island
One day I met a couple from Paris. Julia and Frank.
They were here on Holiday by plane from Paris.
Flying into Martinique, and then down St. Lucia and then St. Vincent.
There they hired a car and vent by ferry to Bequia for the music festival
Thet's were I met them. Very nice people. Julia is from Italy and Frank France.
Julia spoke good english and Frank spoke good French. But after about a week around me
Frank was learning english. One day they asked me if I did charter, they wanted to sail around the island.
I said, well kind of. This far I have only had my old friends with me, but I can sail you around the island, said.
So two days later we met 09.00 at the Frangipani restaurant, and I took them out in my dingy to the boat.
We went around clockwice on the island. The sea was ruff, with the wind straight against us, so we went by motor to the north of the island. YES, the sea was VERY ruf. More north we got worst it got.
Frank liked it alot, Julia was a little more worried, but handeled it good.
North of the island I rolled out the front sail, and we cruised down wind with about 7 knots speed
We made a stop at Friendship bay, and had a great luch at Bequia Beach Hotel.
First we had a swim from the boat, and Frank went snorkeling around.
Frank after a swim in the bay.
Julia

Friendship Bay is a beautiful bay, but for some reason there was only one other boat there that day.
Friendship Bay

I moved my boat from a moring to anchor further out in the Admirality Bay.
Princess Margaret Beach. Beautiful beach with a very nice restaurant named Jack's Bar.
Jack's bar
Frank and Julia came here every day to snorkel and enjoy the sun.
My boat was anchored just out side, so I took the dingy in there every day visited them
and had great luch together at Jack's.

To morrow I will sail to St. Lucia and Marigot Bay to meet my old skydiving friend Dave Zinger from New York. He will sail with me for about 10 days. Looking forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment