Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bequia to St. Lucia and Martinique

Leaving Bequia, sailing to St. Lucia alone.
My friend Dave Singer arrived St. Lucia, and Marigot Bay Feb. 14th. so I had to be there.
Lifted anchor at Margaret Beach Bequia at 8.30 and arrived Marigot Bay 10 hours later.
Nice sailing in mixed weather. Between St. Vincent ( were I didn't stop) and St. Lucia is was a little 'buppy' with waves, but nice sunshine. Entering St. Lucia and the famous Pitons ( 2 High pyramid looking mauntains) there was a rain front coming. Starts with Lot's of wind, followed with rain.
When I saw the dark cloud coming I had a rainbow with the Pitons in the middle of the rainbow.
Got to get my camera. Here you can see the very bright rainbow, and the contours of the Pitons.
The rain was only 10 minutes, and then back to sun. So I also got some clear pictures of the Pitons.

The Pitons in the rainbow
After the 10 minutes rain storm.
Arrived Chateau Mygo at 18.30 local time. Just after sunset.
Got my bow anchor out and backed into the rerestaurant Chateau Mygo.
Put my Chateau Mygo T-Shirt on, ( which I had got as a gift when I left Jan. 1.)
It was great seeing Dareen and Shai again, the others workers, Bjørn, and Truls.
Truls is a friend of my friend Calle in Hemsedal. That's why I was offered a bridge berth
at the Marigot Bay and Chateau Mygo.
He was not there when we arrived Dec. 26th. from Barbados. He was back in Norway.
But he called me, and said he would be back Feb- 2nd.
After e-mailing with him for 6 months, and spoken with him once on phone, it was very nice to finely meet Truls. Truls is a retired Pilot Captain from the Norwegian cargo airline Fred Olsen.
Before then he was a air force pilot of Norway.
He sailed to the Caribbean about 10-12 years ago, and sailed up and down the seas here for many years.
He now has his base at Marigot Bay, and his boat.
Dave Singer, my old skydiving friend from California was arriving Feb. 14th. to sail with me 10 days.
Here is Dave the first night onboard.
Dave Singer happy onboard Zephyr.

That's right, My hair had grown long since June last year, and my mu stage since Cape Verde.
You have probably seen pictures. But one day at Bequia I went to profile up my hair, cutting it
1-2 cm. But the local Barber cut off the starboard side of my head in one go. So I told him to
get it short, and barber my mustage away.
So, it turned out to this. My new friends, which had never met me before without at mustage and long hair did not recognize me in the bar that night after the barber.
Back to normal Bent.


No comments:

Post a Comment